Saturday, June 9, 2007

Julienne Restaurant in San Marino & Manchego Cheese

Anita and I had lunch together yesterday at Julienne. This is one of my favorite spot to dine in San Gabriel Valley area. I had Arugula Salad with Manchego Cheese along with a slice of Bacon & Spinich Quiche. The food was PERFECT, but not at first. The waiter made a mistake and brought with him an order of Chinese Chicken Salad instead of the Arugula Salad I originally ordered. Of course, living up to their name and having a good review on friendly services to the customers, the manager immediately brought the Arugula Salad with an apology.

My first time trying a salad with Manchego Cheese here or anywhere else! Like Anita said, it was not as sharp but pleasant on my palate. Manchego Cheese is one of the most famous cheese from Spain. And where have I been not to have tasted this before while the world knows it as Spanish signature cheese...dang! It is made from the whole milk of Manchega Sheep from La Mancha of Spain. Click here to read more about Manchego Cheese.

BTW, doesn't La Mancha sound familiar to anyone? Yes, the broadway musical, The Man of La Mancha based on the novel Don Quixote written by Cervantes! La Mancha is also known for its beautiful windmills.



Photo Courtesy of "Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia"

No comments: